Tuesday 11 March 2014

What i've learnt / My Experience

Throughout the course, I have learnt so many things and experienced different thing really enjoyed making the film and had a lot of fun. I would love to film another.










Filming / Editing  - Before filming, I have never actually used a camera to film a while 2minute piece and edited it. I thought filming would be a whole lot easier but it takes a lot of time and thinking. I learnt that while filming you need to take more than one shot and different angles to make it interesting, several shots in fact. This will help you when editing as you have many different shots and angles. I also learnt about the 180 degree and the thirds rule, and that it has a lot of impact on how your film will look like. Also I learnt to keep the camera still and make sure it was focus at all time, I had no idea about this before.
 
LOL me and Montell Filming, at this point im getting the hang of using the camera.


Editing was a enjoyable experience, although sometimes it was hard to figure out what to do, such as making sure the sound is above the shots that i had and using different transitions to make our film look a lot more interesting. 'slow motions was one main transitions that was used and made our film look a whole lot better.It enabled me to use Final Cut Pro. Before this I used it once or twice in my pervious school but I didn't really edit much using it , I found it difficult and complicated, However  I was able to explore and experiment with Final Cut Pro, it shows using the software, you  can pretty much edit any thing from films to music videos and even mini clips. I found it very interesting to use.













Using the equipment for filming was probably what i was not good at to start with. The JVC camera has so many bottoms trust me, you will end up forgetting what each buttons does. However, it took me a while and the help of my group members to figure out how to use it. And i now able to record use use a fig rig and a tripod which made our film look very professional as it was still and  we were able to get so many different angles and shots by 
Using shots such as, long shot, close up, bird eye , panning, shot reverse shot etc





I learnt how to blog consistently, the blog almost became my everyday thing, before I go to bed I would make sure I blog just like a dairy and keep it up to date, I found that really fun and I able to treat the blog like it was my personal site and have fun with it.

(That's meant to be me lol )











I Also learnt about different teen films and what they all had in common. I was able to spot out the stereo typical points in many teen film that i have recently watched. lol and now when I watch any sort of teen films I look at for the same conventions and think to myself, ' knew that was gonna happened'.



Overall, I really enjoyed working with my group and i had a lot of fun, and experienced new skills such as using Final Cut Pro, using the Fig Rig(which was my first time using that ),being able to take the camera out of college and filming it in the locations our film was set in was a great experience .Making this film made me have a film of what the filming / media industry would be like and i loved every moment of it. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment